Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Introduction



Old fashion plates, clothing, and buildings have always held a special fascination for me. There is an elegance to antique fashions which make them suitable for any time and place, and adds a graceful touch to any room.

I am a costume designer and visual artist, and I create original paintings and greeting cards with images from the past, mainly fashion.

For the cards featured on this blog I use handmade paper. I attach them to ivory colored cardstock and each card comes with an ivory envelope as well. I add a touch of DaVinci iridescent medium to my watercolors for just a little bit of sparkle.


Each card is signed, and each drawing is initialed and dated. These cards are wonderful framed or just sitting on the mantelpiece!

A sampling of cards from various periods.



1906



1805




1909



1908



1920



These cards are all available online at http://www.etsy.com/shop/halestreetstudio


they're $10, free shipping within the United States


Original painted cards make wonderful gifts, to friends as well as yourself! At 5"x7" they're great framed as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment